Transitioning Families Advanced Training for
Mental Health and Family Law Practitioners
Children’s Law Center, Oahu
MARCH 5TH & MARCH 6TH, 2018
PRESENTERS: REBECCA BAILEY, PH.D.
FRANK DAVIS, PH.D.
SACHIKO OKANO, MFT
A successful training was provided to Family Court Judges, Family Law Attorneys and Mental Health Professionals by members of the TF Team. The training focused on the following 6 components:
1. The importance of developing and maintaining multi-
disciplinary teams in your home communities to manage the
various complex dilemmas that arise in treating children and
families involved in post-separation/divorce high conflict
2. Help teams of mental health and family law practitioners
develop experiential and psycho- educational approaches to
provide alternative services in the office.
3. How to develop and maintain self and group reflective practices
to help inform and guide the treatment in these cases.
4. Transitioning Families clinical team will discuss the challenges,
rewards, successes and failures of working with children and
families involved in post-divorce/separation high- conflict
5. Emphasis on developing a team-centered, case specific
approach: how to incorporate
experiential techniques into reunification therapy; gain awareness
and understanding of the
pitfalls and strategies related to intersystem collaboration.
6. The importance of understanding grief, attachment-based
family systems, and solution-
focused, trauma informed theories in working with this population.
This training was approved to grant MCLE credits and APA Continuing Education credits